The brain is the most complicated part of our body. It’s the central nervous system that performs intricate functions of the body. Our brain is responsible for all our actions and thoughts. There are some incredibly interesting facts about the human brain that you may not know. Let’s have a look below:
1) Our brain can’t feel pain. It interprets pain signals sent to it, but it does not feel pain at all.
2) The harder you think, the more oxygen our brain requires. Almost 50%
3) An average adult human brain weighs three pounds
4) Human brain can only survive for 5 to 6 minutes without oxygen
5) The Human brain will grow three times its size in the first year of life. It continues to grow until you’re about 18 years old.
6) Our brain gets smaller as we get older. This usually happens sometime after middle age.
7) When we recall a memory or have a new thought, you create a new connection in the brain.
8) According to research, Computer or video games may help improve cognitive abilities. It also depends on what type of game you play.
9) During the mummification process, Egyptians would usually remove the brains through the nose.
10) Human Brain contains approximately one hundred billion neurons.